Kentucky Artists Submit Works to Exhibit at the State Capitol
The Beshears believe there is no better place for the voices of Kentuckians to be represented through art than in the Capitol.
FRANKFORT, Ky. – Kentucky artists are invited to submit their work for a possible exhibition at the State Capitol.
Selected artwork will be on display for six months in the Capitol’s two main halls and the Team Kentucky Digital Art Gallery before being returned to artists, a statement from Governor Andy Beshear said.
Governor Beshear and First Lady Beshear believe there is no better place for the voices of Kentuckians to be represented through art than on Capitol Hill.
The deadline for submitting works for the Fall 2022 exhibition is June 3, and pieces will be on display from July 1 through December 31. The rotation of works currently on display ends on June 30.
This will be the third rotation of artwork featuring Kentucky artists at the Capitol. The project was started last year as a way to express Kentucky pride and connect through art during the coronavirus pandemic.
Art Submission Requirements:
- Artists may submit two works of art for consideration, but must complete separate applications for each.
- Works must be at least 18 inches by 20 inches in size (including frame) and cannot exceed 48 inches in width. The maximum depth allowed is 4 inches and the maximum weight is 25 pounds.
- Works should be framed if possible.
- The works can be landscapes, portraits or abstracts.
- The following information must be included in your submission: your name; address, including city and county; phone number; E-mail; the title of the artwork; and the size of the work (including the frame). You can also include the URL if you have a website where your art is displayed.
- Artists can also rate if the work is for sale.
If you would like to submit your work, you can find more information on the gallery’s website.
Make it easier to update with more stories like this. Download the WHAS11 News app now. For Apple or android users.
Do you have a topical tip? E-mail email@example.com our Facebook page or Twitter feed.